Saturday, November 21, 2015

November workshop cards #3 and #4

Hello,

I thought I better put the other two cards on my blog today. This is for my customers who get the card kits from the workshops that I do. This will show them how to do create the cards when they get their orders! 

Remember to click on the links to see everything up close and in detail.

 So I will start off with a card that isn't usually thought of as a Christmas color.  When we think of Christmas cards we usually think of red and green and sometimes blue and silver.  This one is none of those colors:


On this card I once again used the Enchantment Fundamental Paper Packet.  I love how I can use both sides to create different effects.  

I started by taking  a two inch scallop punch and punching out the corner of the Eggplant color paper from the paper packet.  Then using the circle as a guide,  I then took out the joy stamp from the Holly Jolly Christmas Stamp set and embossed that in the middle of the circle with 
Gold Embossing Powder.

Then I took out my Eggplant Ink Pad and the Ink Blot Stamp Set.  I picked one of the stamps and inked it up and stamped it directly over the gold embossed Joy stamp.  And because embossing resists inks, I then took a sponge dauber and dragged the color to the edge of the circle.  I also put some extra ink on the dauber to fill in the joy saying.  You can leave it white if you want but I just wanted to make it stand out a bit more. 

I then attached the eggplant paper over the circle and then added a strip of the same fundamentals paper to the front of the card, only I turned it over! Then I added a strip of Eggplant Cardstock that I had sanded to show the white edges underneath it.  
I then added a piece of Gold Shimmer Trim on the top of both strips.  Added a few Gold Sequins and a few Bitty Sparkles to finish it up.  

I also embossed in gold inside the saying "Wishing you great tidings of comfort and joy!" on the inside from the above Holly Jolly Stamp set! 
If you don't like the eggplant color, you can always use a color you love!  Enjoy!

I did not design this card!!  It is from a wonderful Cardmaking kit called  Workshops On The Go White Pines Cardmaking Kit.  It is a kit that includes all the paper, stamp set, card stock, envelopes, twine and sparkles to make 15 cards.  It gives detailed instructions on how to cut and design 5 cards of 3 designs.  

If you purchase this workshop kit you will also need 3 stamp pads:
Fern Stamp Pad
Cashmere Stamp Pad
Cranberry Stamp Pad

I changed it up a little bit by doing the embossing on the card with a
Diamond Embossing Folder and using the Mini Stapler to attach the included twine.  These are not included in the kit but can be purchased to go with the kit if you want. 

Hope you enjoyed my workshop cards.  Check back next week and see what else I have created!  Have a great weekend!  Hugs!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...