Friday, April 10, 2015

Beautiful Day Card

Happy Friday Everyone

The card today makes me want to take a minute to stop and realize how very blessed I am.  Here is the card and then let me tell you what I used to create it:


I started out by using our white daisy card stock and then putting a piece of Sorbet paper from our

Whimsey Assortment Paper Fundamentals paper 

This paper pack has 20 double-sided 12X12 Sheets. 2 each of 10 different designs, same design on both sides with one side being glossy.  
So all I had to do was cut a piece of paper, cut it in half and then flip one side over to get two designs on one card!  So easy!

And because the design was a honeycomb design on this piece of paper, I took our Honeycomb Embossing Folder and embossed another piece of our white daisy card stock to match!

I then took out the stamp set from our new Cricut Artfully Sent collection
cut out image that matches the stamp set and stamped the Frame with Sorbet Exclusive Ink Pad.  Cut the border of the image just a 1/4 inch larger in Sweet leaf Cardstock.

I am soo glad that Close To My Heart has these Cricut cartridges! With EACH cartridge having 700 images you can cut out and we have 4 cartridges!  That is a total of  2800 images, cards, fonts, basic shapes, 3-D items, mini-books and layouts at my finger tips with only 4 Cricut cartridges.  And only 4 cartridges that I have to store and keep track of.  A few people have asked me where I got that "die" to cut a certain  image that they saw on some of my previous cards and they are disappointed when I tell them it is from one of our cartridges.  I belong to a number of card making groups and I know there are some beautiful dies out there, but I am glad that I don't have to worry about having to buy and store dies and remember what I have!  All I have to do is pull out my cartridge and cut a certain image out or multiple quantities of that item with a push of button and I am done. I am so glad that I have so many stamp sets that I can cut out the image  with the matching cartridge.  It helps so much in my card making workshops being able to cut out multiple images! Thank you Close To My Heart!  

Then I stamped the butterfly from the Capture the Day Stamp set and colored it in with the Shin Han Light Orange Marker and the Shin Han Leaf Green Marker.  Cut the butterfly out attached to the front. 
Added some of our new Coral Reef Sequins and you are done. 

Hope you enjoyed this card and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...