Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Easy Birthday Card

Good Morning! 

Today's card is a very easy birthday card.  I was in a crazy mood and choose colors that I normally wouldn't use for a birthday card.  I tend to lean towards primary colors or very bright cards to celebrate birthdays because I think birthdays should be fun!  I usually add sparkles, or embellishments to brighten the card up as well. But today I didn't do any of those things and think it turned out good.  Hope you enjoy it. 

I used the Brushstrokes Stamp Set for the background.  The colors I used are:  Lagoon Stamp padCanary Stamp Pad and the Gypsy Stamp Pad for the background colors.

I also used these same colors for the birthday cake and stand as well as the Sunset Stamp Pad.  I also used the Sunset stamp pad to sponge around the edges of the card.

I used the Build-a-Cake Stamp set for the cake.  

I cut some tiny cute flowers with the Cricut Art Philosophy Collection and sponged the edges with the corresponding inks.  I then took a fine line black journaling pen and made the border around the edges of the card and then drew little black middles to the flowers and then I took the Liquid glass and put a tiny dot on the candle flame and the middle of the flowers to give them a little bit of  sparkle and shine.  

Thanks for stopping by and seeing my card.  Have a great day!  Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...