Friday, August 7, 2015

Sympathy Card

Today I am showing a sympathy card. 

 I do not like to do sympathy cards.  I love making all kinds of cards.  Sympathy cards are hard! I never know what to say and knowing that the reason I am making one to send to someone because they are sad makes it even harder.

I know the reason to make it a card like this is to share your love and concern but it is always tempting to go out and buy a card instead of trying to figure out what to make and to say! Since I have a whole room of card making supplies the idea of going out to spend even more money on a store bought card really doesn't make a lot of sense!  So with that in mind here is the card I came up with:


I used our new Framed August stamp of the month.  I love this new set.  I has nine fun sentiments to go inside three very cute frames.  Once I started using this set, I am finding lots of excuses to use it!

I also used stamp set Sincere Expressions for the inside sentiment  of the frame. 

I cut the front of the card out with our Cricut Cartridge Artfully Sent Collection.  The inside of the card I used a piece of background paper from our Seaside Paper Packet.  I love this paper and will miss it when it become unavailable at the end of the month!  

I stamped the label from the above set with our  Desert Sand Stamp Pad and the Sympathy Sentiment with our Glacier Stamp Pad.  I took a scrap piece of the 12 X 12 Glacier Cardstock and ran it through the Chevron Embossing Folder and sanded it a bit to get the white core to slightly show through.  Took small strip of our 12 X 12 Desert Sand Cardstock and sanded that as well to put on the top.  Added a few of our Gold Sequins  to finish the card. 

Thank you for looking today.  Have a great weekend!  Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...