Thursday, February 25, 2016

#1 Card of six using the Penelope Paper Packet

Hello!
I have been working on these cards all week and finally decided I better start posting them.  I was going to post all six of them but decided that it would take forever to read through a huge post listing all the cards.  So today I will explain why I did what I did and then explain how I did the first card and then the next few days..post the rest of the cards!

This is the first card:

Before I start adding links and directions, I need to explain how I came about doing these cards. 

 In the newest Close To My Heart Expressions catalog supplement there is some beautiful new papers.  Each paper packet has 12 pieces of patterned paper 2 each of 6 double sided designs.  One of these designs has the popular "pocket" designs that can be cut apart and used in your scrapbooks and your pocket scrapbooking! 

 I got to thinking what do my card making customers do with these pages if they don't scrapbook or use the pocket scrap booking program. So I decided to cut apart one of these pages and make cards with them. Here is what the pages looked like before I cut them apart:

This is the image of one side.

As you can see, there are 8-9 images depending on which side you choose. I only used six of these images on my cards. 






















This is the same pattern only the layout is different.  So you can use them anyway you want!  You can find this pattern and others in this link:  Penelope Paper Packet.  All of the patterned paper and cutouts on this post are from this paper packet. 
On three of the cards that I made I have used Victorian Gratitude "thank you" stamp and I have used Silver Playful Puffies on a couple of the cards as well as some Bitty Sparkles . So look for those on this card and the ones in future posts!  I will let you know what each card I created has on it besides the above list of links I just posted.  

OK...on the above card. For the stamp set I took out the pear pigment ink from the Adventure Mini Pigment Ink Set and stamped the Thank You image.  Then I used Clear Embossing Powder and embossed the image to make it stand out on the piece I cut out.  I added some of the silver puffies and the bitty sparkles. I then attached the cut out piece to a piece of Pear Cardstock which I used the Scallop Border Punch on it.  I turned it over added some 3D foam to the back.  I then took a piece of Thistle Cardstock and using the Scallop Border Punch on the bottom of that as well.  I then took that Thistle cardstock and embossed it using the Confetti Embossing Folder.  I attached some patterned paper from the above mentioned Penelope Paper packet to the top of the card, attached the thistle cardstock and in the middle I attached some Thistle Extra Thick Twine.  After that was dried then I attached the cut out piece on top!  

Make sure you check back the next few days to see the other cards I used with these papers!  Have a great day!  Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...