Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Fun Birthday Card

Good Morning!  I don't know about you but when I see those talented people who can take a simple balloon and twist it and turn it into cute animals and things, I am always amazed!  They make it look so simple.  

Today's card is using balloon animals!


As I have mentioned before, Close To My Heart sells a exclusive stamp set each month.  That stamp set is only available for one month!  This is the stamp set for this month.  Make sure you click on this link to see all of the cute animals and sentiments on this set: Balloon Animals February 2016 Stamp of the Month

Here is a list of all the products I used on this card and how I made the card:

Started out with the patterned paper from the Kaleidoscope Paper Packet and bordered it with Canary Cardstock.  Attached the strips to a white cardstock base.  I then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Balloon Animals set and also using the frame that is also in the set.  I bordered the frame with Gypsy Cardstock and attached that to the middle of the card. 

I then took a piece of white cardstock and then stamped some of the images from the set with our exclusive mini-pigment inks.  The colors I used are:
From the Whimsy Pigment Ink Set I used Canary and Pixie colors for the giraffe and rabbit.  From the Adventure Pigment Ink Set I used the Gypsy and Pacifica for the dog and elephant.  Using this ink and then sprinkling Clear Embossing Powder on the image and then heat setting it, makes it pop out and shine!  I then cut each image out by hand and attached some Thin 3-D Foam Tape before attaching to the card.

I finished the card by attaching two cute Enamel & Glitter Duos Purple Hearts and then put a few of our tiny Bitty Sparkles to finish it up!

It is fun to know that even though I will never make balloon animals, I can at least make a fun card with them!  Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by!  Hugs!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...