Friday, September 11, 2015

Birthday Card with No Stamping

Happy Friday everyone!

Today's card is done by using our brand new Close To My Heart Cricut Cartridge and our new watercolors!  I made two of these cards. One for my wonderful husband for his birthday and one for a dear friend.  I used two different color schemes. I am only showing one of the cards.  The one I made for my husband:

This kind of took out of my "comfort" zone by not doing any stamping on the front.  But it is good to get out of the comfort zone once in a while! 

 I used our Cricut Artistry Collection to cut out the cake, the candles, the Happy Birthday and the triangle background.  

I used our brand new Watercolor Paints to color underneath the triangle cut out.  I attached that to our Sunset Cardstock

Did you know that all of our patterned background texture paper has these cool little strips of paper attached to the top, that you cut off and use for borders, accents etc. and still have the true 12 X 12 size paper to use? We call these zip strips!  I cut the cute little dots off the top of our new Kaleidoscope Paper Packet to use as a accent strip for the bottom of the card.  I thought it went well with the watercolors I used!

I attached a couple of our new Enamel and Glitter Duos Green Triangles and a couple of our cute little White Enamel Stars to finish up the card!  

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...