Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Workshop Card #2 For September and Bonus card

Today I get to show you another card that we did for my workshop!  In the new Close To My Heart Expressions supplement there is a stamp set called Steampunk Scoundrels. 
                                                          

I don't normally lean towards these type of stamps but somehow I found this set fascinating and couldn't resist making a card with it! The set has everything listed here as well as a cute "BOO".  Check it out here:
Steampunk Scoundrels Stamp Set


For this card, I started by taking a piece of the new Eggplant Cardstock and the matching Eggplant Ink, I stamped the background with our new Ink Blot Stamp set.  I have a feeling that I am going to have a lot of cards in the future using this ink blot set.   Super easy to use and so fun..can you even imagine all the things you can do with this?                                                                                           How about doing a background in bright colors on scrapbook pages for school pages or writing awards ?

 I then took out the new Nevermore Paper Packet and cut two pieces  of paper.  I took my Micro-tip Scissors to distress the edges of the papers and the cardstock to give it a more "Halloween" type of look. Now if you don't want to use the scissors to distress, there is a cool tool called Edge Distresser that works wonderful as well!  

I stamped the bat on a scrap piece of white daisy cardstock in black ink and then cut it out.  Sponged the eggplant ink around the edges.  Added some 3 D Foam Tape to the back to make it look like it was flying.  Stamped the spider and the Happy Halloween in black and attached to the card.  Finished it up adding a few of the Silver Sequins.

Now for those who might not like the above card and want something a bit less scary and more cute.  I used the same above pattern but used a totally different  stamp set.  I used the Trick or Treats Sweets Stamp Set on the following card:


I did use a piece of ribbon that I found in my stash of ribbons from a long time ago instead of the sequins.  I attached it with mini staples using the cute Mini Stapler.

I also used the same paper as above only the reverse side of the striped paper instead. 

The funny thing is that everyone liked the first card just fine and wanted to make it!  That is what I get for thinking that someone "probably" wouldn't like the new stamp set above! LOL

Thanks for stopping by and checking this out.  Look for workshop cards #3 and #4 coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...