Monday, March 28, 2016

Big Hug Butterfly Card

I have been very blessed over the years to have people in my life that have turned out to be my best friends.  And I treasure each and every one of them.  Then sometimes out of the blue I get to know someone  new and then I realize that they also will end up being another blessing in my life.  I have always loved hugs!  I grew up in a family that loves hugs and nothing is sweeter than having a hug from someone that you know cares about you.  Last Sunday two of my "new" friends came up to me and gave me a big hug just because.  It was a Sunday when I really just needed a hug!  I am not mentioning names because you know who you are! So this card is for you!

This is what I call a "two-fold" card. I know there is a name for it but for the life of me, I can't remember what the official name is, so this will have to do! Forgive the scissors at the bottom of the card, I didn't want to put my fingers in the picture! 

I started with a white card base. I stamped the Big Hug from the Big Hug Stamp Set on the lower right side using Slate Ink.  I then embossed the right side using the Dot Embossing Folder.  On the left side of the card I used the patterned paper from the Georgie Paper Packet.  I added a small strip of Whisper Cardstock to both sides of the card.  Look below and see a picture of the card opened so you can understand what I did. 

Then on a separate piece of white cardstock, I took the Canary  and Juniper Pigment inks from the Whimsy Pigment Ink Set and stamped the butterflies from the Your Own Kind of Wonderful Stamp Set.  After stamping these butterflies and embossing them with Clear Embossing Powder I then cut them out. Attached them to the front of the card. 

Here is the picture of what the card looks like almost opened...

So you can see that the left side folds under the right side of the card. 

Thanks for stopping by today. And here is a Big HUG from me to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...