Thursday, March 17, 2016

Workshop Card #2 for March 2016

Hello!

Here is the 2nd card we made at our March workshop.  It is cloudy and dreary outside here in Colorado today but this card makes me smile and look forward to those sunny days soon!

Remember to click on the links to see the products in great detail!


As I have mentioned before, Close To My Heart has a stamp of the month program that they sell  an exclusive stamp set for one month and after that month it is no longer available.  This month's stamp set is called 
Sunshine Birdies and it is a cute set with 11 images in it.  After March it will no longer be available. 

For this card I used the  Black Momento Pad to stamp the bird and sentiment etc.  I then took colored pencils and colored them in. This set reminds me of the adult coloring books that are in the rage right now and it was relaxing to sit and color all the images for this card.  I cut out the bird on the tree branch and the butterfly. 

 Before I attached to the base of the card, I ran the bottom of the card through my embosser using the  Scallop Embossing Folder to match the patterned paper that is in the Paper Fundamentals Whimsey Packet.  I also took a piece of Canary Cardstock and ran that through the embosser with the same embossing folder.  I took a 1 inch circle punch and punched out a circle to put inside my sun to match the bottom of the card. 
I added a strip of the patterned paper and then to top it off I added some pretty Coral Shimmer Trim. Added the bird that I cut out and the butterfly.  Took a couple of Bitty Sparkles on the butterfly and cute, tiny flower.  

So glad you stopped by!  Have a great day. Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...