Monday, March 16, 2015

Be Your Own kind of Wonderful Card

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Monday to you!  Today I am showing my creation that I did this weekend.  We have a stamp set that looks like paint swipes etc.  I didn't like the set the first time I saw it and didn't buy it.  Then I saw several beautiful cards using that very set from several of our talented consultants and I knew I needed to buy it! I do not have it yet but in case you want to see what I talking about here is the link so you can see it:  Brushstrokes stamp set 
While I am waiting to get that set I decided to try to "re-create" the set in my own way.  And here is the card that I came up with:

First I decided to give the paper some texture and I used the Scallop Embossing Folder

To get the brush strokes I took a 
All Purpose Mat and laid it on my table. Then I got Pear, Lagoon and  Gypsy Re-inker  that match our stamp pads and squirted a small amount of each re-inker onto the mat.  Then I took paint brush and dipped it in my re-inkers and swiped it onto the paper.  Washed the paint brush out between each color of course.

Then I took out the Your Own Kind of Wonderful Stamp set and using the Gypsy, Pear and Lagoon colors from the Adventure Exclusive Mini Pigment ink set I stamped the butterfly in each of those colors and added some Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder to each butterfly and embossed them.  I cut them out and attached to card.  The shape was cut out with our Cricut Artiste Collection Cartridge and I finished up the card with some Sparkles Clear Assortment.  Put it all together and I was done.   I really like this card.  So bright and pretty!  Have a great week.  See towards the end of the week with another card to share!

2 comments:

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...