Saturday, May 16, 2015

Simple Stencil Card

Happy Saturday!

Today I am showing a very simple card.  I just finished a workshop last night and so this week I was preparing for that.  So that is why today you get a simple card.  Click on the links to see the products I used to create this card and see them in  a larger format.

A while ago I was cutting out card bases with my Cricut Artfully Sent Cartridge and I messed up one.  It was pretty but not perfect and I couldn't just throw it away. It laid on my crafting table for a number of days while I did other projects.  Then it occurred to me that even though it wasn't perfect, I could use it as a stencil for the front of a card!

So I took out three sponge daubers and three ink pads and some white cardstock to stencil..

This is how it turned out:


The three colors of ink I used:

Thistle Ink Pad

Canary Ink Pad

Sweet Leaf Ink Pad

The wreath is a cute single stamp called Friendship Wreath that has the cute saying "Hello Friend" in the inside but I masked that and put the Thank you sentiment from one of the stamp sets from the Cricut Collection that I posted a link to above.  

On the wreath I used the Sweet Leaf mini-pigment ink from the Whimsey Mini Pads Set and Clear Superfine Embossing Powder to make it shine.


I used the Thistle Ink to sponge around the edges of the card and the middle piece of cardstock.  

I used the Purple Glitter Gems, the Thistle Diagonal Striped Ribbon and the Purple Shimmer Trim to dress up the card.  

I then attached the card to Pear Cardstock to make it pop!

This is what the stencil looked like:




I hope you enjoyed this card.  Check back next week to see the workshop cards that I did with my customers and how I made them. 

Have a great evening!  Hugs!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...