Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Workshop card #1 for May

Hello all,

Happy Tuesday!  Today I am posting one of my workshop cards that my customers did last week.  This post will be a bit detailed on how the card is made because I want those who couldn't come to the club to know how to put the card together.  If you don't want to know how to do it, just check out the picture below and see what we did. As always, check out the links to see any of the products that I used!


Today's card is a cheery "Bee Happy" card. I think it is the most complicated card of the workshop.  Not hard, just a number of steps.

I will start from the bottom of the card and work my way up.  The base of the card is our Honey Cardstock and on the top of that, I took a piece of our  White Daisy cardstock and I stamped in black the little bee "tracks" from our Happy Everything Stamp Set then I took our Honeycomb Embossing Folder and embossed the White Daisy cardstock.  I attached that to the front of the card base.  I then used the honeycombs from our Honey comb Stamp set and stamped them with the Honey Stamp pad and  on a piece of White Daisy cardstock.  Then I cut them out..make sure you leave a small white border around them. Then attach them to a piece of the Honey cardstock that you have torn the edge so the white core shows through..so it looks like this:























 Then you want to cut the second row in half and throw that away..

Trim the top part of the remaining pieces and  attach to a piece of black cardstock that  you have also torn to show the white core.  Then you will attach the Honeycomb part to the front of the card as shown above. 

On the little piece of the honey cardstock, stamp with the honey ink the chevrons from the above Happy Everything stamp set. And attach that to the black cardstock to border it.   Stamp the "Happy as a Bee in Hive" on the stamped Chevron border and put on the card as shown.  Now take the two little bees from the Happy everything stamp set. Cut out and attach at the end of the bee tracks you stamped earlier. I used a tiny little piece of double stick foam to make them look like they are buzzing around! 

Then I used our Liquid Glass on the bees to make them look glossy and stand out. It takes a little while to dry but the result is so fun! I use this when I want to "pop up" something. I have even used it as rain drops on blue cardstock and they look just like rain!  This stuff is wonderful..it can also be used as adhesive to twine, buttons etc. as well.    Then I finished by adding a couple of Gold Sequins to the card. 

Whew!  You made it to the end!  I hope you enjoyed making this card! I will try to post tomorrow to show you another workshop card we did!  Have a great day!  Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...