Thursday, July 9, 2015

Smile Card

Hello everyone!

I realized today I haven't posted yet this week.  I have been busy getting ready for my stamp club workshop which is tomorrow!  I can't wait to show you the cards we get to make at our workshop but until then I decided I better share a card with you today!

Today's card is using a hostess set.  Close To My Heart has special stamp sets that are reserved for those who host a gathering and qualify for discounted hostess sets.  Wonderful news! For the month of July only for each purchase of $25 in stamps you can get any of our special hostess stamps for only $5.  If you spend $50 you can get two hostess stamps for $5 each!  You don't even have to be a hostess this month!  And so on.. here is the special:

Jump on it July Promotion

So with that in mind I decided to use this stamp set for my card:


It is called Paper Bird.















This is a very simple card I made:


I have provided links below for the supplies I used to make this card:

Stamp set above

Lagoon Cardstock which I then added our cute Lagoon Hearts Washi Tape on the top

Cashmere Cardstock where I then took our Long Stitch Guide with the Long Foam mat  underneath it to protect my table and then I used our Piercing and Embossing tool to punch the holes in the cardstock and also on the top and bottom of the butterfly image.   I also used our Score Board to do the lines in the Cashmere cardstock.  Because our cardstock has a white core, after scoring I then sanded the lines to make them stand out even more.  

I then stamped the butterfly with our Sorbet Stamp Pad and then bordered the image with the matching Sorbet Cardstock.  I then added a few of our Oceanside sequins to finish!  It didn't take that long and it is a fun card to have on hand to send!  

Look for my workshop cards next week and until then have a great weekend!  Hugs to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Cat Card

Good Morning! If you know me at all you know that I love cats! All kinds of cats and I know I could turn into one of those crazy cat lad...